Our Vendor Performance Management team evaluates the performance of the major Proximus Group Suppliers on a regular basis.
The critical success factors are :
- Sustainability : both for our current suppliers and when selecting new suppliers, we evaluate the compliancy to the CSR principles.
- Security of supply : this covers compliance with delivery requirements and on time delivery.
- Quality : technical performance metrics relating to product/service quality and reliability;
- Business commitment : the degree to which the vendor is willing to collaborate with Proximus as a key customer.
The evaluation on all these factors is consolidated in the Vendor Performance Report. This scoring report is not the ultimate goal, it is but a mean to collaborate pro-actively based on an objective evaluation. Like this, we stimulate permanently continuous improvement.
Compliance with delivery requirements
Each delivery to the Proximus Group Distribution Center (PGDC) or Cable Warehouse (CCY) is checked to ensure :
- proper notification has been given in advance;
- the shipping form has been completed correctly;
- the goods have been packaged properly;
- the shipment unit labels are correct and complete.
A delivery is defined as non-compliant with the delivery requirements if one or more of these requirements have not been met.
The scores are obtained by dividing the total number of compliant deliveries by the total amount of deliveries per quarter.
The target score is 100 %.
On Time delivery
To measure the extent to which delivery deadlines are met, the difference between the delivery date requested by Proximus and the actual delivery date is calculated. The requested delivery date is indicated on the final Purchase Order that you received. The actual delivery date is the date on which Proximus received the goods. The greater the discrepancy between the requested and the actual delivery date, the lower the score.
To determine compliance with a delivery deadline, time intervals are established, each corresponding to a score, the maximum score is 100 points. The time intervals are set by Supplier Quality Management (days are working days).
|100 points||on time or 1 day late|
|80 points||2 to 5 days late|
|60 points||6 to 10 days late|
|35 points||11 to 15 days late|
|10 points||16 to 20 days late|
|0 points||21 or more days late|
|100 points||on time or 1 day early|
|90 points||2 to 5 days early|
|70 points||6 to 10 days early|
|45 points||11 to 15 days early|
|20 points||16 to 20 days early|
|0 points||21 or more days early|
The total score for on time delivery is obtained by calculating the average of all the scores per Purchase Order line item of the individual deliveries for the measurement period in question.
The target score is 100 points.
To calculate your score as accurately as possible and to avoid any subsequent discussions about whether it has been calculated or not, we kindly ask you to cooperate on the following :
Changing the requested delivery date : if both parties (Proximus and the supplier) agree to a different delivery date than the one indicated on the Purchase Order you received, you should receive an adjusted Purchase Order from Proximus. If your Purchase Order is not adjusted, please notify Proximus by e-mail before the delivery date.
Please mention the following items :
- to : the PO creator (Proximus employee who created the PO);
- cc : Vendor Performance Management (email@example.com);
- supplier : your supplier name;
- contact person at Proximus : the person at Proximus with whom the date adjustment was agreed;
- PO number;
- original requested delivery date;
- new agreed requested delivery date.
Invoice accuracy reflects the supplier's ability to send invoices that comply with the Proximus requirements (including Belgian law).
The calculation of the score is based on :
- the number of non-compliant invoices sent back to the supplier in the period evaluated;
- the number of credit notes in the same period due to failings of the supplier.
Invoice accuracy is calculated quarterly.
The target score is 100 %.
The individual score is determined by :
N = the number of invoices received by Proximus during the quarter;
a = the number of these invoices sent back to the supplier;
b = the number of credit notes due to failings of the supplier in that quarter.